Friday 12 February 2016

Say, "I love you" in so many words.

Q: How to do you tell someone you love them?
A: In your own special way.

What if…
you can’t find the right words to voice your romantic feelings.
Then, you’re not alone.
You’re in good company.

The celebration and the expression of love have roused the emotions and creativity of poets, story-tellers, musicians and artists for centuries.

During this last week I have been searching for words of inspiration about love and romance to share. 
I found some romantic sentiment in modern writing by mostly unknown authors.
There was Dorothy Parker, an American writer made in her own mold.
The vaults of literature were opened to reveal the penned verses of Lord Bryon and The Bard – William Shakespeare.

Here comes the poets…
Say, “I love you” in so many words.

MODERN MUSINGS

A single flow'r he sent me, since we met
All tenderly his messenger he chose;
Deep-hearted pure, 
with scented dew still wet
One perfect rose.
- by Dorothy Parker

Plenty of Love
Tons of kisses
Hope some day
To be your Mrs.
- by Author Unknown



My love is like a cabbage
Divided into two
The leaves I give to others
The heart I give to you.
- by Author Unknown

Valentines is near
Just wishing you were here
You will always be near
My heart will never be the same
- by Jose Villalpando



I was lonely, sad, and blue
until the day that I meet you.
You came into my life and changed it around
turned my frown upside down.
- by Author Unknown

The 5 poems were sourced from Huffingtonpost

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AMERICAN POET - DOROTHY PARKER (1893 – 1967)


Dorothy was supposedly known for her sharp wit and low opinion of romantic relationships. Wikipedia describes her as a poet, short story writer, critic, and satirist, best known for her wit, wisecracks and eye for 20th-century urban foibles.

However, in the last line of her poem, “Autumn Valentine”, you could think Dorothy was saying there is a way to recover from a wounded heart. “What heart was that?” she writes as if the wounded heart from the month of May can suppress pain or have some amnesia from trauma by November.

Is it a rare person who’s never had their heart wounded?
Dorothy offers a different type of inspiration for Valentines.
The broken heart that can love again…


Autumn Valentine 

In May my heart was breaking-
Oh, wide the wound, and deep!
And bitter it beat at waking,
And sore it split in sleep.

And when it came November,
I sought my heart, and sighed,
"Poor thing, do you remember?"
"What heart was that?" it cried.
- by Dorothy Parker

source: Poemhunter

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

THE LORD AND THE BARD

From the vaults of literature…


Lord Byron (1788-1824)

She Walks in Beauty

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.



William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616)

Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

The 2 poems were sourced from Telegraph UK

May the words of love come to you,
each and every day.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
 Ashlyn 


Images were sourced from Fotofolia.com and Dreamstime.

No comments:

Post a Comment